George Harvey Michael Jones began his military career on May 24, 1918, as a member of Battery A, 17th Battalion, Field Artillery Replacement Division. Later transferred to Headquarters Company, 9th Field Artillery Brigade. Was stationed at the following camps: Fort Thomas, KY; Camp Jackson, SC; Camp Dix, NJ; and Camp McClellan, AL. Sergeant Jones died February 4, 1919, at the latter camp as a result of broncho pneumonia.
George H. Jones was repatriated back to Knoxville and was buried at Greenwood Cemetery, Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 30 May 1892
- Date of death: 4 February 1919
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 9th Field Artillery Brigade
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Greenwood Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George H. M. Jones
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.