George Gorden Dillard was born in Chattanooga, Tennessee to Mary Dillard. He was killed in action 9 October 1918, during the Battle of Bellicourt in France. Private Dillard was initially buried at the British Military Cemetery, Doingt, Somme, France, Grave 12, Row D, Plot 3.
117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division, Company F
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 10 October 1892
- Date of death: 9 October 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company F, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Bellicourt Canal, Ypres, Esteres
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George G. Dillard
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.