George Frederick St. Clair was born in Mount Pleasant, Mississippi. He joined the Army at the age of 32.
George called Johnson City, Washington County, Tennessee home. He enlisted in the United States Army at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia on 11 February 1918.
George was assigned to Headquarters Company, 11th Infantry Regiment, 10th Infantry Brigade, 5th Division. He died of a brain abscess while serving with them in France.
George is the son of John Carter and Anna Eliza “Annie” Perkins. After she remarried George took the name of his step-father St. Clair. He was married to Lillie May Cannon. George’s older brother James also served overseas in the U.S. Army during World War I as a Sergeant with Supply Company, 117th Infantry Regiment, 59th Infantry Brigade, 30th Division.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 24 July 1885
- Date of death: 2 June 1918
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Johnson City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Headquarters Company, 11th Infantry Regiment, 5th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oak Hill Cemetery, Johnson City, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George F. St. Clair
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.