George Franklin Smith was the son of Louis Allen Smith and Lou Wretha Martin.
ID 784 12 21
Seaman Second Class
He died on 23 April 1946 aboard the LST 172.
He is buried at Smyrna Cemetery in McMinville, Tennessee.
Was killed by William Vincent Smith, ID 5759128, who also served on the LST 172. William V. Smith was transferred to the USS Repose (AH-16) in Shanghai for treatment. He was from Asheville, N.C.
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of birth: 12 September 1927
- Date of death: 23 April 1946
- County: Cumberland
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: LST 172
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Smyrna Cemetery, McMinville, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George F. Smith
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.