George Edward Rice was born in 1912 in Morgan County, Alabama. He was living in Meigs County, TN, when he was drafted to serve in WWII.
Killed in Action
He was initially buried at Sainte-Mère-Eglise #1 Cemetery at Carentan, France and reburied at Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France, F, 2, 30.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 11 June 1944
- County: Meigs
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George E. Rice
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.