George Dewey Owens
Born 1922, Tennessee
Died 1944, France
8th Infantry, Company A
Pvt Owens was killed in action in Cherbourg, France. He is buried at Riverhead Cemetery, Suffolk County, New York.
Rogersvilel Journal, December 23, 1944
Pfc. George Dewey Owens of Rogersville is now serving with General Patton’s Third Amry in France. Pfc. Owens went into the service May 17, 193 and received his basic training at Camp Ellis, Il. He came in on the Normandy beachhead July 9th, in the invasion of France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 19 June 1944
- County: Washington
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 8th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Riverhead Cemetery, Suffolk County, New York
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George D. Owens
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.