George Danne Caldwell
Date of Birth 24 November, 1893, in Maynardville, TN (Union Co.)
Inducted at St. Louis, MO, 13 July, 1917
Served with Company L, 138th Infantry Regiment, 35th Division, Missouri National Guard.
Served overseas from 3 May, 1918 to 27 September, 1918.
Killed in action, 27 September 1918; Brother Delmar Caldwell, Fountain City, TN, notified. Son of Robert and Julie E. Caldwell.
Prior to entering the service he worked as a street car conductor for United Railway in St. Louis, MO.
He was killed in France and originally buried in the Argonne American Cemetery, Meuse France. He was re-interred at Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia. He has a memorial stone at Hansards Chapel Cemetery in Maynardsville, Union County, TN.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 24 November 1893
- Date of death: 27 September 1918
- County: Union
- Hometown: Maynardville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 138th Infantry Regiment, 35th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George D. Caldwell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.