George Clarence Hagie
Corporal Hagie was a member of Company K, 3rd Battalion, 31st Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea on November 28, 1950. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial.
George was my dad’s brother. His birthday was Dec. 12, 1931. His mother, dad and siblings are all dead. My twin sister and I are his only close relatives. Several years ago DNA was provided from my grandmother (George’s mother) female relatives. I know Ala Montgomery was one that gave DNA.
–Submitted by his niece Laura Jan Jones
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 12 December 1931
- Date of death: 28 November 1950
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 31st Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: Laura Jan Jones
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.