George Berry Leamon was born in Murray County, Georgia, on November 1, 1899, the son of John Timothy Leamon and Callie Berry Leamon. He had four siblings, including brothers, Carl, Paul, and Troy, and sister, Rebecca. His father was originally a teacher before the family moved to Chattanooga, Tennessee, by 1910, where he was employed as a merchant. Leamon was employed as a bookkeeper at Morris Co. on Chestnut Street in downtown Chattanooga when he enlisted as an Apprentice Seaman in the USNRF, for service in World War I, in July 1918. He was stationed in Los Angeles, California when he died from influenza on October 10, 1918, at the age of 18. He is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Rank: Apprentice Seaman
- Date of birth: 1 November 1899
- Date of death: 10 October 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Navy
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George B. Leamon
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.