Private First Class Gene Wiggins was born March 25, 1931, to Mr.and Mrs. Mack Wiggins. He was assigned as a furnace fireman at Camp Drum, New York. On January 13, 1952 he was found unconscious in the barrack boiler room and died at the station hospital of carbon monoxide poisoning.
He was survived by one brother, Johnny E. Wiggins, two sisters, Mrs. Velma Ellis and Wanda Sue Wiggins, and grandmother, Mrs. Cora Brown.
Funeral services were held st Second Baptist Church and burial was at Sunset Cemetery in Clinton, Tennessee.