Frederick Stuart Jennings
Born 27 February 1919, Catawba County, North Carolina
Died non Battle
Frederick Jennings enlisted on 2 April at Fort Bragg, North Carolina as a Private.
Alamogordo, March 4 – Eight men were killed last night in the crash of an army bomber a few miles north of the Alamogordo air Base, Lieut. W.G. Zelt, Jr., public relations officer of the base announced today.
Lieutenant Zelt said the plane was on a routine training flight. An army board is investigating the crash he said. The dead:
Second Lieut. Thomas N. La Pai, Westfield, N.J.
Second Lieut. Richard S. Browne, San Francisco
Second Lieut. William F. Hoffman, Woodhaven, Conn.
Second Lieut. Leonard L. Taix, San Francisco
Staff Sgt. Frederick S. Jennings, Elizabethon, Tenn.
Staff Sgt. William A. Lonnevik, Valley, Wash.
Staff Sgt. William E. Luchowski, Chicago
Staff Sgt. Louis J. Fontana, South Boston, Mass
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 27 February 1919
- Date of death: 2 March 1943
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Happy Valley Memorial Park, Elizabethton, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Frederick S. Jennings
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.