Fred William Donaldson was a passenger on the U.S.S. Epping Forest (LSD4) on 17 March 1944. He was wounded in action and evacuated to the U.S.S. President Adam where he died of shrapnel wounds received in action against the enemy on Guam. His body was sent ashore for interment by the Graves Registrations Service at Guam Cemetery.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 10 August 1922
- Date of death: 23 July 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred W. Donaldson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.