Fred Robert Campbell was born 3 January 1897, Washington County, Tennessee to Clyde J. Campbell and Eliza Margaret McCracken. He was the husband of Nora Campbell.
Private Campbell joined the Army at the age of 21. He was with the 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment. He died of broncho pneumonia on 10 October 1918 and is interred at D,20,14 Oise-Aisne American Cemetery, Fère-en-Tardenois, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 3 January 1897
- Date of death: 10 October 1918
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Johnson City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oise-Aisne American Cemetery, Fere-en-Tardenois, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: Mary E. Jackson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.