Fred Poole was born in Ooltewah on 19 October 1918 to Foster Poole and Mary Nailor.
Died non Battle 29 October 1945 in Germany. PFC Poole was initially buried at St. Avold-Metz. Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, X, 14519.
Private First Class
4404th Quartermaster Service Company
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 16 January 1949
The body of Pfc. Fred Poole, age 27, will arrive at the NC&St.L Railroad station and will be taken to the Buchanan Funeral Home. He died in Germany Oct. 29, 1945. Surviving are mother, Mrs. Mary Poole, of Ooltewah, Tenn.: brothers, Mrs. Johnny Poole and Mr. James Lee Poole; seven aunts, two uncles, other relatives and a host of friends.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 19 October 1918
- Date of death: 29 October 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Ooltewah
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 4404th Quartermaster Service Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred Poole
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.