Fred Paul Caylor was born in Maryville, Tennessee, the son of John Henry Herrison Caylor and Bertice S. Cotter. He was married to Mildred Ann Smith. He had 4 sisters, Mrs. Elizabeth Denton, Mrs. Lola Byrd and Missis Anne and Brenda Sue Caylor, all of Knoxville
Pfc. Caylor served with the 178th Field Artillery Battalion, Battery E. He was killed in action in Italy , January 11, 1944.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 3 March 1918
- Date of death: 12 October 1943
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 178th Field Artillery Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Forest Hill, Maryville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred P. Caylor
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.