Fred Oscar Curtis was born May 14, 1925 to Oscar J. Curtis and Sallie Thomas of Tellico Plains. Oscar was from a large family and had six brothers, Raymond, Homer, Clarence, Clyde, Kenneth, and Earl Curtis, and four sisters, Bessie, Eva Nell, Louise and Mary Curtis. He went to school at Tellico Plains High School and later enlisted in the US Army on September 14, 1943 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. Private First Class Fred O. Curtis was a member of the 411th Infantry Regiment, 103rd Infantry Division. He died non battle on July 16, 1945 in Memmenhausen, Germany. He is buried at Tellico Plains Cemetery, Tellico Plains, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 May 1925
- Date of death: 16 July 1945
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Tellico Plains
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 411th Infantry Regiment, 103rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Church Cemetery, Tellico Plains, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred O. Curtis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.