Fred Johnson was born in Greene, Tennessee to Edgar Charles Johnson and Helen Harriett Russell. He was the brother of Sgt Paul Richard Johnson who was reported missing in action in 1944 and who is memorialized at the Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery in Belgium.
Pfc. Johnson Died non Battle
Fred Johnson was initially buried at Brookwood Cemetery in London, England and reburied at Cambridge American Cemetery, F, 6, 76
He was a member of the First Presbyterian Church, Greeneville.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 12 July 1912
- Date of death: 18 October 1942
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Greeneville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Repair Squadron, 36th Air Depot Group
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred Johnson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.