Fred H. Slaton, Jr., was the youngest son of Fred Hendrick Slaton and Susan Elnora Hubbard Slaton of Grainger County, Tennessee. His siblings were Margon C., Florence E. Pearl M., and Johnnie N. Slaton. Before Fred enlisted in the Army, he attended grammar school and worked on the family farm. Fred was single and never married. Fred H. Slaton, Jr. enlisted in the United States Army on June 10, 1943 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia and was promoted to the rank of Private First Class. He died on December 4, 1945 while serving with the 367th Harbor Craft Company. He was returned to his hometown of Blaine and was buried at Mouth of Richland Cemetery, Blaine, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 8 August 1924
- Date of death: 4 December 1945
- County: Grainger
- Hometown: Blaine
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 367th Harbor Craft Company
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mouth of Richland Cemetery, Blaine, Grainger County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred H. Slaton Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.