18th Field Artillery Regiment, 3rd Division AEF
He was born in Surgoinsville, Tennessee, son of James Edward Clifton and Mary Alice Langley. He was killed in action 15 July 1918 at the age of 18, and is buried plot B, row 4, grave 47, at Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, Belleau, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 18 December 1897
- Date of death: 15 July 1918
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Surgoinsville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Battery D, 18th Field Artillery Regiment, 3rd Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, Belleau, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred Clifton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.