Born 25 March 1912
Died 19 November 1942, Fort Myers, Florida
Buried Gunnings Cemetery, Sullivan County, Tennessee
Army Air Corps
Newsarticle The Kingsport Times 24 November 1942
Blounville – Funeral service were to be held for Master Sergeant Fred C. Cross, 31, who died Friday at Fort Myers, Florida.
Burial was to be in Gunnings cemetery. Cross volunteered for air corps duty nine years ago. He was a graduate of the Blountville high school, class of 1931.
The Kingsport Times 22 November 1942
In addition to his parents Mr. and Mrs. W.A. Cross, survivors include his widow, the former Entola Blevins of Bristol: five brothers, Willard J. Cross, Blountville, Emmett Cross, U.S. Army, Puerto Rico, Ralph, Tyler J. and Howard Cross of Blountville: five sisters, Miss Mattie Pearl Cross, Mills Beulah Cross and Mrs. Hugh Elsea of Blountville, Mrs Orville Warren of Bristol and Mrs. D.L. Blalock of Kingsport.
- Rank: Master Sergeant
- Date of birth: 25 March 1912
- Date of death: 19 November 1942
- County: Sullivan
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Gunnings Cemetery, Gunnings, Sullivan County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred C. Cross
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.