Private First Class Watson was a member of Company H, 3rd Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy at combat outpost “Vegas” in North Korea.
Frank Watson was the son of Dorothy Goad. According to the 1940 census his name was Frank Metcalf Jr. and lived on Goad Road 9A in Petros together with his mother, Dorothy Metcalf, his sister, Della Marie Metcalf and an uncle, Delius Goad. His father, Frank Metcalf Sr. died in 1938. His mother remarried with William Herbert Hunter.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 1 November 1933
- Date of death: 13 July 1953
- County: Morgan
- Hometown: Petros
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, Naval Unit, Citation, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Petros Cemetery, Petros, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Frank Watson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.