Born 27 August 1894, Knox County, Tennessee
Frank Reed enlisted in the regular army at Knoxville on June 5, 1917, and was assigned to Company D, 11th Infantry, 5th Division. He trained with his organization at Fort Oglethorpe, GA, and went overseas in May 1918. Corporal Reed was killed September 14, 1918, in the great American attack on the St. Mihiel salient.
He died at the age of 22 and is interred at H,37,18 Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 27 August 1894
- Date of death: 16 September 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Mascot
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company D, 11th Infantry Regiment, 5th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: St. Mihiel
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Frank Reed
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.