Frank McKinney was born on 10 January 1919, the son of Charles McKinney and Maude Smith. Husband of Maggie Lou Gray and father of Donald Wayne McKinney.
He Died 15 January 1945
Buried at Jarnagin Cemetery, Morristown, TN
Private First Class
33rd Armored Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, Company E
The Morristown Gazette Mail, 13 February 1945:
Pfc. Frank McKinney was killed in action in Belgium on Jan. 15th. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Godoman of this city, attended public schools here, and was later employed by Wallace Hdwe. Co. His wife, formerly Miss Maggie Lou Gray, with their three-year-old son Donald Wayne live on Cherry street with her mother, Mrs. Bessie Gray. Four sisters, a brother and a half-brother survive.
Frank McKinney is/was my grandfather. His son Donald McKinney, Sr. is my father.
–Submitted by Debbie McKinney Wilson
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 10 January 1919
- Date of death: 15 January 1945
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 33rd Armored Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Jarnagin Cemetery, Morristown, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Debbie McKinney Wilson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.