Frank Hale Noe was the son of Franklin Noe and Hazel Ruth Mayo.
He died non battle and is memorialized at Florence American Cemetery
Rogersville review, June 28, 1945
Mr. and Mrs. Frank Noe of Surgoinsville have received word that their son Pfc. Frank Hale Noe, had lost his life on the 17th of May due to accidentally drowning. Pfc. Noe was at the time stationed at a rest camp in Austria. He and two other boys were crossing a River when the boat they were using capsized, according to information received by the parents. He had been in the service since April 7, 1944 and had been overseas since January of this year. He was 19 years of age and was a resident of Surgoinsville, Rt. 1.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 31 January 1926
- Date of death: 17 May 1945
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Surgoinsville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 51st Infantry Regiment, 71st Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Florence American Cemetery, Via Cassia, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Frank H. Noe
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.