Frank Holmes Atlee was born in Tennessee 20 May 1895 to parents John Light Atlee and Margaret Blane Patten Atlee. He had two siblings including sisters Margoria and Charlotte. Atlee achieved the rank of First Lieutenant in the United States Army, where he served with D Co., 142nd Machine Gun Battalion, 39th Division. While stationed at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, Atlee contracted pneumonia and passed away May 9, 1918. He was survived by his wife, Lorena Mull Atlee, and infant son, John Light Atlee III. 1st Lt. Atlee is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery in Chattanooga, Tennessee, U, 42.
The picture of Lieutenant Atlee is from the Chattanooga Sunday Times Memorial Supplement, May 25, 1919 and Courtesy of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Special Collections
- Rank: First Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 20 May 1895
- Date of death: 9 May 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company D, 142nd Machine Gun Battalion, 39th Division
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Frank H. Atlee
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.