Francis Joseph Burdet volunteered his services to ths U.S. Navy on April 8, 1917. After a period of training at Norfolk, VA, was assigned for duty to the U.S.S. America. Died of heart failure December 2, 1917, while on the above mentioned boat en route to the states.
Enlisted in Nashville, Tennessee.
Father: Mr. Gustave Burdet, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of birth: 9 November 1900
- Date of death: 2 December 1917
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS America
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Francis Burdet
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.