Floyd Wilson Woody
Born around 1920, Benton, Polk County, Tennessee
Died 12 April 1944 at Oak Harbor, Island County, Washington
Woody was the son of Francis Marion Woody and Lizzie Green. Husband of Lorraine Woody. He served with the Navy and is buried at St. Joseph Cemetery, River Grove, Illinois.
He died with two other soldiers at Ault Field in a plane crash near Oak Harbor in Washington State.
- Rank: Aviation Machinist's Mate Second Class
- Date of birth: 29 November 1919
- Date of death: 12 April 1944
- County: Polk
- Hometown: Charleston, TN
- Service Branch: Navy
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: St. Joseph Cemetery, River Grove, Illinois
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Floyd W. Woody
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.