Floyd Jones was the son of Henry Marcus Jones and Ollie Betsy Best. He was killed in action.
The Knoxville Journal, 24 March 1949
Pfc. Floyd H. Jones, 25, of Maryville, Route 7, was killed in action in Germany Sept. 14, 1944, while serving with the 36th Armored Infantry Division. Survivors; Henry M. Jones; brother, Erston Jones, Maryvilel; half-brother, Fred Nelson; sisters, Mrs. Hoyle welshan, Mrs. Herbert Burchfield, Maryville.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 5 May 1919
- Date of death: 14 September 1944
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 36th Armored Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Four Mile Cemetery, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Floyd H. Jones
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.