Eugene Smith was wounded in Normandy on June 10 and died on June 14, 1944. His body was shipped to Etowah, Tennessee where his family lived and buried at Magnolia Cemetery, Maryville, Tennessee. He was a member of the 4th Infantry Division, 8th Infantry Regiment, 1st Battalion, Company C.
Mr. Robert Shearer, brother
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 18 December 1920
- Date of death: 14 June 1944
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Burial/Memorial Location: Magnolia Cemetery, Maryville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Eugene W. Smith
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.