Private First Class Eugene Edington was assigned to the 12th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division. The 4th division was tasked with taking Utah Beach on D-Day, 6 June 1944.
PFC Edington was killed in action on the 10th of June 1944. He is interred at the Normandy American, Colleville-sur-Mer, France, plot F, row 3, grave 39.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 10 June 1944
- County: Rhea
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 12th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Eugene Edington
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.