Private First Class Eugene B. Moore was assigned to the 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division. He died on 13 June 1944 during the Battle for Normandy and is interred at I,22,4 Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France.
The Knoxville Journal, August 9, 1944
Pfc. Eugene B. Moore, son of Mrs. Grace Lindsey of Clinton and grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Jim Tinnell of Route 3, Knoxville, was killed in action June 13 in France, according to a telegram received by them from the War Department. Private Moore had been in service 18 months and overseas six months.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 13 June 1944
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Clinton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Eugene B. Moore
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.