Private Andrew Ethel Gamble was born on September 27, 1886 in Robertsville, Tennessee. He was the son of W. A. and Nancy M. Gamble. He was the brother of Emma E. Gamble, Sarah B. Gamble, Hugh R. Gamble, William Leonous Gamble, James W. Gamble, and Samuel Elmer Gamble. On March 25, 1916, Private Gamble married Ella Diggs in Anderson County. Prior to joining the military, he lived and worked on his own farm in Edgemoor, Tennessee. During his service in World War I, Private Gamble served in Company F, 127th Infantry, 32nd Division. He was killed in action on October 7, 1918. He is buried in Gamble Cemetery in Oak Ridge.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 27 September 1886
- Date of death: 7 October 1918
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Robertsville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company F, 127th Infantry Regiment, 32nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Gamble Cemetery, Oak Ridge, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ethel Gamble
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.