Private Collins was a member of Company D, 1st Battalion, 5th Infantry Regimental Combat Team. While attached to the 25th Infantry Division, he was Killed in Action defending his position near Chindong-ni, South Korea on August 25, 1950.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 1 March 1932
- Date of death: 25 August 1950
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 5th Infantry Regimental Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Bronze Star with V device, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Collins Cemetery, Claiborne County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Estle L. Collins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.