Ernest Gilbert Parker was born June 25, 1931. He was the son of Elizabeth Parker Brown and had one sister, Donna Marie Brown.
Corporal Parker was a member of the 27th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division. He was seriously wounded by the enemy in North Korea on April 4, 1951, and returned to duty on May 1, 1951. He was killed in action while fighting the enemy in North Korea on August 19, 1951.
Corporal Parker was repatriated back to Knoxville on January 5, 1952 and funeral services were held January 7, 1952 at Jarnigan and Son Funeral Home. Corporal Parker was buried at the US National Cemetery in Knoxville.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 25 June 1931
- Date of death: 19 August 1951
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 27th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ernest G. Parker
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.