Ernest Burke, also spelled Burk in State records was born in Hancock County, Tennessee to John Ransom Burke and Martha J. Chandler. He was killed in action at the age of 22 and is listed in the Tablets of the Missing at Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France.
318th Machine Gun Battalion, 81st Division
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 11 July 1895
- Date of death: 9 November 1918
- County: Hancock
- Hometown: Sneedville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 318th Machine Gun Battalion, 81st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ernest Burke
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.