Erick Clyde “Erie” Steadman (also Eric Clide Stedman) was born in 1894 in Kingsport, Tennessee
The Kingsport Times, 2 July 1920
The funeral of Erie Steadman, of Clover Bottom, was conducted by the Rev. Mr. W.S. Hendricks and Dr. J.H. Clifford at Lone Star Wednesday.
Erie Steadman left Kingsport in June, 1918. He sailed for France October 14 and was attached to the quartermaster corps. He returned to America November 15, 1919, suffering from tuberculosis, and died in hospital at Camp Gordon June 28.
His age was 26 years. A large crowd attended the funeral.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 1 August 1894
- Date of death: 28 June 1920
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Quartermaster Corps
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Kingsport, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Erie Steadman
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.