Enos Bryant Gardner was born February 25, 1922 in Monroe County, Tennessee. He was the son of Edgar Gardner and Rebecca Spurling Gardner.
He enlisted in the US Army November 13, 1942 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia.
Private Gardner was killed in action in France on September 3, 1944. He is buried at Bullet Creek Cemetery.
Feb. 25, 1922-Sep 3, 1944
Madisonville Democrat, 72148
Funeral Services were held on Sunday, July 18 at Bullet Creek Church for Enos B. Gardner, who was killed in action in France on Sep. 3, 1944. Revs. Brackett and Hampton conducted the services. The song service was furnished by the M… Quartet of Athens. The American Legion was in charge of the service at the graveside.
Enos was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Edgar Gardner of Tellico Plains.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 25 February 1922
- Date of death: 3 September 1944
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Tellico Plains
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bullet Creek Cemetery, Tellico Plains, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Enos B. Gardner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.