Emery James Gray was born 12 November 1896, Hancock County, Tennessee, son of Robert M. Gray and Ida Davis Gray. He trained at Camp Gordon in Atlanta, Georgia. He sailed to Europe September 13, 1918 arriving September 22. He served with the 17th Sept. Replacement Draft.
He died of pneumonia and was initially buried at Paignton Cemetery, #609 in Devonshire, England
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 November 1896
- Date of death: 6 October 1918
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Talbott
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 17th Company, Camp Gordon September Auto Replacement Draft
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Emery J. Gray
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.