Elvert Eugene Shiflet was born September 8, 1922. He was the a son of Roy Lee Shiflet and Rosa Belle Brewer and had eleven brothers and sisters and several half brothers and sisters. Elvert never married.
Private Shiflet enlisted in the US Army on November 5, 1942, at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia and was assigned to Company H, 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division
He was killed in action on December 17, 1943 in Italy. Buried at Moyers Cemetery, Speedwell, TN.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 8 September 1922
- Date of death: 7 December 1943
- County: Claiborne
- Hometown: Speedwell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 82nd Airborne
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Moyers Cemetery, Speedwell, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Elvert E. Shiflet
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.