Corporal Elmer Lee Smith
The son of James and Hattie Smith, Elmer was in a tree preparing to dive into the water for a swim when he was killed by a sniper in Burma.
- Rank: Technician Fifth Class
- Date of birth: 8 February 1922
- Date of death: 25 April 1944
- County: Hawkins
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 209th Combat Battalion of Engineers
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Goshen Valley Cemetery, Goshen, Hawkins County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Elmer L. Smith
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.