Elmer Lee Anthony was born in Roane County, Tennessee on May 14, 1894 to John and Martha J. Anthony. Prior to his enlistment in the United States Army he was a timber cutter with J.H. Watson and Son in Ebenezer, Tennessee and was not married.
He was a member of Company L, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division and died October 24, 1918. He was initially buried at Grave #910, Plot 6, Row L, at Mont Houn British Military Cemetery, Le Treport in France. He is buried at Lenoir City Cemetery, Lenoir City, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 May 1894
- Date of death: 24 October 1918
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Lenoir City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company L, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Bellicourt, Poncheaux, Miolain
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lenoir City Cemetery, Lenoir City, Loudon County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Elmer L. Anthony
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.