Elmer John Giles died non battle on 6 September 1945.
Burial Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville
The Knoxville Journal, May 28, 1943
Pfc. Dee Giles, reported seriously wounded in the North African area on April 23, wrote his sister, Miss Anna Giles, 508 West Fifth Avenue recently that he was in an Army hospital and getting along fine. The War Department originally notified Miss Giles that her brother was in serious Condition. She has another brother, Pvt. Elmer Giles stationed in North Africa, and a third, Staff Sgt. Dave Giles, who for the past 15 months, has been stationed in the South Pacific, but is now on duty in California. The three brothers volunteered in 1940.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 21 April 1919
- Date of death: 6 September 1945
- County: Cocke
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 632nd Quartermaster Laundry Company
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: Jim & Mary Harris
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.