Corporal Elmer C. Harvey #14021855 US Army Air Forces was assigned to the 17th Bomber Squadron, 27th Bomber Group Light stationed in the Philippines before the start of hostilities with Japan. After the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the subsequent attack on the Philippines, the unit became ground infantry with the loss of their aircraft.
Corporal Harvey is listed as dying Non-battle on the 23rd of May 1942 during the period of the Bataan Death March and subsequent POW period. He was a prisoner of war and taken to PW Camp #4 – O’Donnel Tarlac Luzon Philippines 15-120.
He is interred at N,8,148 in the Manila American Cemetery, Manila, Philippines.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of death: 23 May 1942
- County: Unicoi
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 17th Bomber Squadron, 27th Bomber Group Light
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Elmer C. Harvey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.