Private First Class Ellis A. Moore was assigned to the 401st Glider Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division. He died 26 September 1944 in Holland. Buried at Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, TN, C, 156.
His brother Raleigh B. Moore was killed in action in France on 8 November 1944. He is survived by three sister, Eva Moore of Blountville, Mrs. Ernest Gosnell of Marshall, N.C. and Zora Devoti of Greeneville. They were the son of the late John Moore and Hattie Mae Cutshaw Robertson.
Picture from The Greenville Sun, October 23, 1944
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 29 July 1918
- Date of death: 25 September 1944
- County: Greene
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 401st Glider Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ellis A. Moore
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.