Elijah Henry Haggard Jr. died at Riverside, California.
The Knoxville Journal, August 21, 1946
Elijah Henry (Buddy) Haggard, 18, former Stair Technical High School Student, who enlisted in the U.S. Navy a year ago, died Monday at 11:19 p.m at U.S. Naval Hospital in Corona, California, relatives in this city were notified yesterday. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Haggard, 2122 Harvey Street, this city. The young man was a member of Churchwell Avenue Methodist Church. He had been ill for eight months. In addition to his parents, he is survived by two sisters, Jennie Sue and Lena Geraldine Haggard and grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. H.L. Steele, all of Knoxville. The body will be returned to Knoxville and taken to Rose Mortuary.
- Date of birth: 22 December 1927
- Date of death: 19 August 1946
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Navy
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bookwalter Cemetery, North Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Elijah H. Haggard Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.