Born 11 February 1913
Killed in Action 30 December 1944
Buried at Layne Cemetery near Dunlap, TN
64th Battalion, E.R.T.C., Company A
Also, a WWII memorial of those who died is displayed at the county courthouse Dunlap, TN. Edwin W. Kilgore is listed.
South Pittsburg Hustler, February 1, 1945
Pvt. Edwin W. Kilgore, 31, son of B.F. Kilgore of Daus, was killed in action in Germany December 30. His wife, Mrs. Martha Kilgore, resides at 1905 Morningside Drive, Chattanooga.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 11 February 1913
- Date of death: 30 December 1944
- County: Sequatchie
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 64th Battalion, E.R.T.C., Company A
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Layne Cemetery near Dunlap, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Edwin W. Kilgore
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.