Edwin Franklin Frazier was born on 9 October 1916 in Hamilton, Tenn., to William Francis Frazier and Emma Ella Tompkins.
He died 16 November 1944 in Germany. He was initially buried at the American War Cemetery Margraten in the Netherlands.
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 498
Technician Fifth Class
14th Armored Field Artillery Battalion, 2nd Armored Division
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 17 January 1949
The body of T/5 Edwin F. Frazier, son of Mrs. Ella Frazier, 2604 East 16th Street, will arrive here tomorrow. Cpl. Frazier was killed in action in Germany Nov. 16, 1944, while serving with an armored unit. He joined the army in October, 1940, and had served overseas since December of 1942/
He is survived by his mothers, one sister, Mrs. Willard V. Eaker and two brothers, Robert A. and Standefer Frazier, all of Chattanooga.
- Rank: Technician Fifth Class
- Date of birth: 9 October 1916
- Date of death: 16 November 1944
- County: Fentress
- Hometown: Armathwaite
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 14th Armored Field Artillery Battalion, 2nd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Edwin F. Frazier
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.