Private First Class Stribling was a member of Weapons Company, 1st Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division. He enlisted in the United States Marine Corps on January 23, 1953. He died in Korea from other causes on March 4, 1954. He was returned to the United States and was buried at Highland Cemetery, Sparta, White County, Tennessee.
Private First Class Stribling’s name is not engraved on the East Tennessee Veterans Memorial.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 16 January 1935
- Date of death: 4 March 1954
- County: Bledsoe
- Hometown: Pikeville
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Highland Cemetery, Sparta, White County, TN
- Contact us to sponsor Edward Stribling