Edward Lee Carroll was born 9 August 1896 to John E. Carroll and Sarah Annie Kistner. He was killed in action on 14 October 1918 in France
The Kingsport Times, 9 September 1921
Edward L. Carroll, son of Mr. and Mrs. J.E. Carroll, of Fordtown, Tenn., who was killed in service in France October 14, 1918, was buried at the Rock Springs cemetery Sunday with military honors. Rev. Rufus Boyd, of Washington City conducted the ceremonies.
Private Carroll was in a machine gun battalion and went with the first unit to leave Kingsport. He was killed by a machine gun bullet in the fighting in the Argonne Forest. He was buried in the Argonne Forest, his body being removed to this country at the request of his parents. Mr. Carroll was 22 years old at the time of his death.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 9 August 1896
- Date of death: 14 October 1918
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Fordtown
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 6th Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Argonne Forest
- Burial/Memorial Location: Rock Springs United Methodist Church Cemetery, Rock Springs, Sullivan County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Edward L. Carroll
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.