Born 27 January 1926
Died non Battle 5 September 1945
Buried at Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
404th Bomber Squadron, 28th Bomber Group
Enlisted on June 28, 1944, at Camp Shelby, MS, in the Air Corps
Parents: Harold E. and Leloo M. Johnson
The Knoxville Journal, September 14, 1945
Cpl. Edward Ford Johnson, Knoxville High School graduate with the class of 1944, was killed in a plane crash Sept. 6 in the Aleutians, the War Department has announced.
Corporal Johnson was the son of Mr. and Mrs. H.E. Johnson, 2006 East Glenwood Avenue. His wife Mrs. Virginia Anderson Johnson lives at 2700 Jefferson Avenue. The Young man had been serving in teh Army 14 months. He was a gunnero n a B-24 and received his basic traning in Texas and Idaho.
No details concerning the accident had been made public by the authorities.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 27 January 1926
- Date of death: 5 September 1945
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 404th Bomber Squadron, 28th Bomber Group
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Edward F. Johnson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.